Registration will open for the 2023-2024 school year on Febraury 1st, 2023. Your child must be 3 on or before October 31st of the current year to register. All registrants MUst be fully potty trained by the first day of classes in September.
We base our program around theme-based play. Students will be introduced to the joys of learning by taking part in fun interactive circle times, table activities including creative crafts, fine motor activities, counting, pre printing, games, music, and daily physical activities! We will encourage the development of the following skills:
- Cooperation, sharing, and taking turns
- Fine motor skills: cutting, tracing, drawing/coloring and painting
- Sensory play: sensory tables, 5 senses learning, hands on science fun
- Large motor skills: hopping, skipping, jumping, catching, throwing, climbing, swinging indoors and outdoors
- Literacy: love of books and identifying sounds (same and different)
- Numeracy: sorting, classifying, patterning and counting
There will be the following options when registering for the 2023-24 school year:
- Tuesday/ Thursday program-*3/4 year old’s from 9:00am-11:30am
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday program- 4 year old’s from 9:00am-11:30am
- If there is enough registrations to open up a PM class we will open up that availability at a later date.
*Child must be 3 years of age to start playschool(on or before October 31 of the current year. ALL children must be fully toilet trained for any class. children who are not yet 3 at the start of school must wait until their birthday to attend. Full monthly payment is still required as you are holding a spot until your child is 3.
COST TO REGISTER
A $50 non-refundable registration fee is required to complete your registration. This can be paid through email money transfer to [email protected]
Tues/Thurs – Ten payments of $28 monthly (September to June) or $280 yearly
M/W/F – Ten payments of $64 monthly (September to June) or $640 yearly
Playschool Orientation Meeting date(s) at the end of August to be determined. Final fees and documentation will be due at that time.
For more information, please see the BCL Playschool Handbook linked below or you can email the Playschool Director at [email protected].
Each family will be expected to fulfill one Volunteer commitment for the year. The volunteer positions will be posted at the orientation night to sign up for the year.
Please contact our Playschool Director for any further questions.
Some of the available volunteer positions:
- Registration Assistant
- Fundraising committee
- Cleaning committee
- Bingo/casino positions
- Laundry helpers
- Snow removal
*more positions may be added as needed throughout the year